Monday, September 04, 2006

home sweet home...


well i am back in the hammer. i have been home since yesterday afternoon and i am pretty sure that i have been awake an equal number of hours as i have been asleep since returning. i also realized that my maid didn't show up all summer and the house is a disgusting mess. oh wait...i don't have a maid. the cleaniness of this place right now rivals that of the yukon, my summer home, which gets cleaned twice a year it seems, once at the beginning of the summer before i arrive (or so i am told) and once at the end of the summer before i leave. my hamilton home seems to be getting the same treatment.
as of tomorrow i will be back in the swing of campus life with the first team meeting of the semester. although i won't be spending much time with the leadership team this semester because my time will be focused on fundraising, i decided to drop in to find out what is happening for this first month and to let them know that i will try my best to support them as much as i can without being physically present each week. this is new for me and i am sure it will take a lot of time to adjust but i know that focussing on the fundraising right now is for the best in the long run.
i am actually looking forward to fundraising (don't tell anyone i said that) and feel that i can get a little creative with it over the next few months. i totally realize that fundraising reminds me of how dependent i need to be on God (which turns out to be a good thing, or so it says in genesis). i am looking forward to what i will learn through the whole process and hopefully seeing God work in miraculous ways to bring in the final finances to meet my budget as well as working toward increasing my budget so i can increase my time on campus.
we'll see how i feel in two months though...

No comments: